View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 02:53 PM   #51
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, I've examined the chain of turbulent accusations linking Cailin and Samwise Gamgee, and am inclined to side with Cailin, as well as to suggest that everyone would profit from singing in a choir with antelopes.

Cailin acted with spirit and sagacity-as usual-within somewhat limited circumstances. The banker's attack on her-as Spawndress the Laundress said-is patchy and bedraggled.

However this doesn't necessarily condemn the banker, whom I'm prepared to accept as merely eager for now. My axe likes eager people. They put up a better fight before the crunching time comes...ha ha ha...

The other two episodes of interest have been Valier's possible hint of sinful and carnal and accursed Love with TGWBS, and the suicidal voting. Of course they might not be unconnected.

If TGBWS is a Wolf, then throwing himself into danger could be a strategy to keep Valier out of it. If he's a Lover, it's a quixotic gesture.

So say the hedgerows and the chirping sparrows.

But Garin's joining in...bizarre. I tend to trust that he just let his heart overtake his mind. If only people could be rational, like me and my friends the mauve reindeer.