View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 07:04 AM   #27
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
*Mr. Picky arrives* Not necessarily! According to one quite popular version, they did not arrive all at once, but one by one (or two, at maximum).
You should never let facts get in the way of a good joke.

Or even a bad one!

Quote:
There were many like that in Enedwaith/Minhiriath...

And what about Brithombar/Eglarest? Or Númenor? Both, of course, only at certain time - but that goes even for the others you named.

Also, I take it that you are limiting your choices to cities or settlements at least. Because otherwise, there are many, many, many beautiful places that could be labelled "paradise", only there is no settlement in there. Not that the words "paradise" and "settlement" seem in any way logically connected in my mind

I already noted above that the surroundings of Vinyamar is the real paradise, and it was even inhabited at one time, so perhaps you could find that one suitable?
There would have to be some kind of human habitation or else I'd end up like Tom Hanks in that film where he starts going insane and having conversations with a football. Preferably this habitation would not feature Elves as their singing would get on my wick