View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #380
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Re: Nog. You. Are. Not. Making. Sense.

I buy that you missed the early conversation between phantom and me. As for your arguments, I'll try to answer them. I don't necessarily think you are a wolf, I just think you're way off the wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Okay one reason to my reaction: I actually agreed yesterDay - and do so toDay - on what Mac said, that you really can make the argument that Nerwen is a wolf becasue of her Hades-stuff. It is a point worth noticing, but hardly a call for Persephone to look at him.
You can make that argument, yes. I don't buy it. I believe Nerwen is far subtler than that - it just wouldn't sound like her at all to scream "Hades" in her first post if she was in fact Hades who wanted Persephone's attention. (A bit similar to why I didn't quite buy your theory of a Dionysus-Eonwe screaming "Dionysus"...) What I was thinking was that Nerwen was Persephone who, for some insane reason, screamed "Hades" in her first post (possibly to imply to Hades that she's waiting for a hint, or else she was confused about the rules and didn't know Hades knew her identity) - and Mac-Hades, knowing her identity of course, responded with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
You could make a similar case for Nerwen's "what the Hades is going on". If I were Persephone, I'd know who to pick first now.
Even if Nerwen isn't Persephone (and her and Mac's interactions from yesterDay don't exactly point at that direction), I don't think it's too far-fetched to interpret that quote as a Hades-hint. That was the first thing I thought of when I read it yesterDay. The second arguable Hades-hint is as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
In my opinion, though it's frustrating to be alone with it, he used the reference to Zeus simply to say "I am a lover".
I'm not sure about this one, not sure at all. It did make me raise my eyebrows a bit, but I might not have noticed it at all if I hadn't already had the suspicion that he is Hades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Another reason: most of us commented on the lovers and our need to find any hints they would desperately need to make - I was probably one of the most loud on that. So why pick Mac as someone who had an obsession with it - or pick up somethig like "we need to look at hints" as especially suspicious. We need to look at hints, and I believe many said that.

And that "gives up" -part - as another second-language speaker I see that as a bit over the top. Really.
I agree with Nog on these two, I think they are a bit too far off and I certainly did not see them as Hades hints. I still don't. I also agree with you that phantom's reaction to your (admittedly off-the-wall) attack was odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
But you two could be Hera and Zeus actually? Trying to help Nerwen (eg. the real Hades)? How would that sound to you guys?
Erm... how about far-fetched? Are you implying that Hera and Zeus would make a public show just to help Hades who isn't even in trouble? Like, what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I'm not sure I totally buy tp's explanation though, but actually it doesn't matter that much.
I'm not sure about that either, yet.

EDIT: x-ed with Eonwe, Nienna, Rikae and phantom
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote