View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 10:59 AM   #91
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"A seal and bear's fat, you say...." Luindal looked over at his friend and smiled. "Phew! I'll not be making many new friends that way, but I just might be persauded. I would relish the chance to get in the water and actually do something. Sometimes, I think Cirdan made a mistake naming me 'captain'." Luindal said the words in seeming jest, but the serious expression on his face belied his tone.

He paused a moment and then went on, "All this thinking and puzzling things out makes me yearn for my old life, where I actually got to do something instead of interminable planning and straining for answers to impossible questions! Rôg, my friend, I would welcome the chance to take on the waters of the bay. And I must admit I'll look forward to seeing the startled faces of some of the crew when they find out what we have planned. For now, though, let us keep these thoughts to ourselves. For the next two days, we will rest and then set out north. Possibly our quest will end right there...."

Luindal shook his head and yawned, adding, "Now I am off to bed..."

"But I thought you folk never got tired or slept?"

"Whoever told you that was exagerating a bit. I have had a long day and will welcome a chance to rest." With a nod to his friend, Luindal departed and traced his way back down the hall. The corridor was but dimly lit. As he turned the corner, he thought he heard a sound coming from the direction of his room. But, by the time he got there, everything was quiet. Pushing the door open, he lay on the bed and soon fell asleep.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 09-10-2004 at 11:15 AM.