View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 07:47 PM   #134
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Athwen

Athwen and Dorran, side by side, listened intently while Carl and Vrôr reported what they had discovered in their spying. Athwen felt a fierce dislike and disgust towards the men creep into her thoughts and a deep pity towards the children, whoever they might be, at the same time. Kicking and throwing dirt and rocks at them? Her blue eyes flashed as the two finally finished their story and Lindir began to speak.

“It seems we'll have our work cut out tonight. Carl and Vrôr must dig through the tunnel. A few others will need to back them up by that streambed, to get rid of the guards and anyone else who tries to stop us from rescuing the children. We also need someone to wait a short distance away and keep an eye on the horses, since we may need to get out of there very quickly.” Athwen caught Lindir’s eye as he looked quickly towards her and away again. She nodded to herself, understanding, as he went on to explain. “Actually it's even more than that. We don't really know what shape the slaves are in. The fact that Carl and Vrór heard only one voice is not encouraging. In addition to having the horses handy, we've also got to be prepared to transport children who may be sick or unconscious.”

Athwen looked down towards the ground at that thought. She would have to think about what would be best, but really, it would greatly depend on just why the child was unconscious and in what way it was sick. She only half heard the rest of Lindir’s speaking. What she did hear had little to do with her anyway.

A short pause fell as the company considered. Athwen looked back up. “I will stay with the horses,” she said, looking at Lindir. “There, I’ll be able to be with the children almost immediately and if they’ll need any help, I’ll be able to administer it at once.”

Last edited by Folwren; 08-07-2006 at 08:23 PM.