View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #909
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Elin

Elin hearing Annie's distress rushed across the kitchen to kneel by her child and draw her on to her lap.

"What is the matter, sweetheart? Did the cat scratch you?" She stroked the little girl's face brushing away her tears as she looked for evidence.

Annie shook her head vehemently and repeated her plaintive explanation. Elin pulled a wry face at the hobbit women over Annie's shoulder but managed just to remove any trace of amusement from her voice as she spoke "Don't fret... She probably only went because she felt so much better... she certainly looked in fine fettle when she went past me." her voice cracked slightly at the end and she resisted making the observation that she had never seen a cat of that size manage such a turn of speed. She stifled any further trace of mirth by planting soft kiss on her daughter's brow. Mollified a little Annie had nodded and accepted her mother's comforting.

"I am more worried about you, you still aren't very well are you my lamb?" The child's forehead had been a little too hot and her eyelids were shadowed and drowsy.

"If Iris and Primrose and Rowan don't mind shall we make a little nest for you in this lovely big basket just while I take a look at what they have on these shelves?" she laid her borrowed cloak over the rags and Annie exhausted by her tears, curled up on top wrapping the rest of the cloak over her her temporarily neglected little rabbit clasped again in her fist. "I will make you some medicine and maybe if it tastes nasty, Penny will let us have some more of that milk and honey...." Annie half nodded but sleep was already claiming her.

Elin rose and sighed suddenly a little weary herself. "Poor child, what am I doing to her?" she said to herself as much as anyone else. Then she straightened and smiled."So shall we have that tea?"

Last edited by Mithalwen; 10-15-2012 at 06:40 AM.