View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #2295
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I'm mad nowadays period. See ya'll in a couple weeks, I'm going back to the real world to get cool down.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll send you a PM for this. I mean I really don't understand this but hopefully we can settle this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
Sounds to me as if Nogrod have some prejudices against peasants. Girth and Hamrod might not be as witty as some characters but they are mine and I love them. *sniff*
I have nothing against peasants... but lord Athanar has no peasants to follow him! He's not into peasants as he is a nobleman and to him peasants are just labour - but labour outside his immediate surroundings. Peasants are to him like income... far away and hopefully obidient - and if not obedient, then they will be settled with soldiers...

Lord Athanar may think they're just scum - and looking at the characters you've introduced Groin, he seems to be about right with his judgement about peasants...

What I know of lord Athanar, he would never have looked at that kind of people for more than a week: they would have been thrown off immediately their character was found out. So as much as you might love them, lord Athanar would not have loved that kind of guys and would have kicked them off with no pain of heart - if he had peasants in his "crew" in the first place, which he doesn't.

Really: lord Eodwine's Hall had no peasants in it and lord Athanar is not introducing ones either... I mean why would he? He would subordinate the peasants from the surrounding areas and that would be just enough for him. The peasants = food. No need to keep them near or about; just collect the revenue... like lord Eodwine would have done!