View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #37
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post

And then of course there was Mesoamerica, with high civilizations on a par with Egypt's Old Kingdom!
Actually it is quite interesting to discus the differences between the greater civilizations of America and to those of Euro-Asia, but I guess your main point was to point out that not everybody was hunters and not inviting to such a talk. . . . I shall just try to restrain my self then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post
Not really. Sure it applies to the Separatists of Plymouth Rock, but not at all to most of the rest of the colonies, which were founded by men seeking- what else? - wealth. Virginia was started as a money-making scheme by solid Anglicans, and produced its own upper class of planter-aristocrats, from which men like Washington and Jefferson came.
This is still a subject of much debate.

Who was it that left their home lands for America. . . . Was it "the best" the inovative, the fortune seekers or was it "the worst", the outlaws and hunted?

I have heard many people argue for both points, but I am not yet won over by any of them.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote