View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #61
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Leaf

How can you possibly put it into words? The story is incredible. You have to fall in love with the story to ever love the world. I read the story, and I loved it, but the world contained so much depth... I wanted to fanfic, I wanted to learn the language, I wanted to know more and so much more! It's what drove me to love Star Wars just as much. They both had these worlds. And with both fandoms effecting me, I have to say with both it's the worlds, the races, the languages, the possibilities for so much more!

I love the stories. The worlds wouldn't be the same without the "canon". But after I read/watched/etc, I found myself thinking fanfictions up in my head. I built on to the worlds and made characters, immediately became a role-player of sorts. I loved RPs on sites like these because they allowed further exploration.

You can't love the world without loving at least one of the stories. But the world offers so much more than the plot does. It allows for room to run, to play, to let your fingers do the speaking over text rather than merely read it once, get the story, that's it.

I love worlds that offer the emmensity of Middle-earth, the sorts of worlds that let you make forums and fictions and RPGs. I'm not entirely a world lover. I'll never be able to read all of HoME and like it better than the LotR books. But it's probably a 60:40 in favor of the world.
Eowyn Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote