View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 02:50 AM   #29
*Arwen*
Animated Skeleton

*Arwen* has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"I'm sorry!"
Tiruviel got up and ran out of the room. When she reached the top of the stairs she stopped, Nuinyulma had retreated to the bar and Caranel was still sipping his drink. She slipped back down the stairs and hid out of sight whilst she watched Nuinyulma go upstairs.

She sighed, me and my big mouth!
She noticed Caranel finish his drink and so went to the bar and ordered two. She then carried the brimming cups back to the table and put one infront of him.
He looked up in shock, he had obviously been deep in thought. He then looked down at the glass and smiled,
"I thought you went!"

"I realised that sulking wasn't the best thing I could do," she smiled, "I haven't had as much fun as I have had in the last couple of hours for a very long time."
She looked up at Caranel who was surveying her with a look of interest.

"Ok, I know I have been an idiot, but I don't know what to do now!" She said, her voice full of worry.
"I didn't mean for Nuinyulma to go away, I just wondered thats all."

Caranel smiled,
"I understand, I know what it is like to be lonely."
Tiruviel sighed with relief, at least she hadn't lost both of her new friends

"But what can I do, Caranel?" she asked, "I just want it to be like it was before I went and ruined everything."
Tiruviel looked down into her ale, she hadn't had any of it yet.

Caranel pushed her ale further towards her and said,
"Just explain to her what you just said to me and say that you are sorry, I guess."
Tiruviel looked into Caranel's eyes. She realised what a good friend she had just made without even realising it, and then she realised what a good friend Nuinyulma had become.

"Oh dear." She sighed, hanging her head low.
Caranel leaned over the table and raised her chin with his index finger.
"Don't be sad, how an I supposed to have fun when you are sad?" Caranel said, his face deadly serious but his eyes dancing with laughter.

Tiruviel grinned.
"I hear there is going to be a party, lets hope that Nuinyulma comes down for it so I can say sorry."
"That's the spirit," laughed Caranel, "Now who wants some more food?"

Tiruviel looked up, she hadn't realised how hungery she still was.
"Me! Me!" She laughed.
"Ok, Be right back."

Tiruviel watched Caranel approach the bar and smiled. She hadn't ruined everything after all.
I hope that Nuinyulma comes back down!
"There she walked before his eyes in Rivendale, clad in a mantle of silver and blue, fair as the twilight in elvenhome; her dark hair strayed in a sudden wind, and her brows were bound with gems like stars"