View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 09:58 AM   #58
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
for the record...

Maybe an explanation of my purpose behind these questionaires would be appropriate, since posting a questionnaire (with answers) is a very unusual thing to do in an RPG discussion thread.

So, is it appropriate to an RPG discussion thread? I think it is, especially here. There are fewer rules in Gondor, and the success of the RPG depends on goodwill and mutual understanding, and the ability to work together. The better we understand each other, the better we can work together; at least, that is my hope and my plan...

We are writing about "Friends of Nimrodel" who will incidentally become friends with each other. What we value as important in life and in friendships will no doubt surface in our writing, and I think that's a good thing.

It will be interesting when we finish the RPG, to look back, and look at what our priorities were, and whether that impacted our writing, or even the other way around: if our values were impacted, deepened, expanded, or elaborated on by our writing; and especially, if our values were affected (impacted, deepened, expanded, or elaborated) by each other as we wrote.

So my short-term goals are: understanding what each of us values, especially in terms of friendship, writing, and priorities; but also just understanding who we are as individuals, so that we can write together-- and also just plain be nice to each other.

So.. hence the questionnaire. It was an odd thing for a gameowner to do-- but I'm glad I've learned all this stuff; I'm more confident that we'll be able to iron out wrinkles as they surface.

And I think it highlights that Eru has assembled a good team. (Didn't I say that already?)