View Single Post
Old 12-04-2002, 10:55 AM   #165
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Firramer smiled at Autumn. "Perhaps I will tell a tale soon, hobbit maid," he said. "Though I am sure you and Robin have much more interesting tales to tell. Don't you, Robin?"

But Robin was not looking at him. She was staring across the room at the Elf-maid who had just stood up and sang. Then she slowly turned her eyes back to Firramer, and, laughing, shoved him.

"Firramer, why did you not tell me that Nurumaiel was here?" she demanded, her eyes sparkling.

"I was waiting for you to find out," Firramer said in reply. "I thought you'd never get around to seeing her."

Robin grabbed Autumn's hand and began dragging her towards the Elf. "Come on, Autumn, come meet Nurumaiel!"

As they arrived at the table where Nurumaiel was sitting, Robin tapped her on the shoulder and put on a gruff voice.

"Would you like some tea, perhaps? I'm afraid we haven't got any of that miruvor or whatever you Elves drink."

Nurumaiel smiled and said, "No thank you, Dwarin."

"Lovely song, by the way, Nurumaiel," Robin said in the same gruff voice, while Autumn tried not to giggle. "I wish I could see Galadriel. She must be fair beyond words."

Nurumaiel seemed to be thinking. One, Dwarin didn't know her name yet. She had not yet introduced herself to him. Two, would Dwarin call a song about an Elf 'lovely'? Three, Dwarin would never say Galadriel was fair, let alone wish to see her!

Nurumaiel whirled around and saw who had been speaking. "Robin!" she cried, catching her friend up in a hug. "Of all things! You had me fooled, lass." She looked at Autumn. "And who is this fair maiden?" she asked, making Autumn blush.

"Autumn Gamwich, a friend of mine," Robin replied. "Autumn, this is Nurumaiel Firithbor from Rivendell."

"I'm very pleased to meet you, Autumn," Nurumaiel said, bowing in her chair.

"I've heard a good many songs and tales," said Robin. "I've a mind to write them all down when I get home. I do remember, you know. Every word. They're worth keeping. I wonder if anyone else would honor us with a tale or song?"