View Single Post
Old 06-26-2002, 12:54 PM   #539
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Primrose stood back against the wall. She wondered how it was that people seemed to so easily forget her here.

Oh, I miss Papa--and Uncle Frodo--and Mama. Even Tom and Robin and Ruby at home.

A tear slid down her cheek.

At home, it's like I'm the oldest 'cause all the others have their own homes, now. Here everyone's either bigger than me by age or height or both.

Tears dropped off her eyelashes and down both cheeks. Here she was just a two-foot hobbit girl who really wasn't good for much.

She sighed and looked down at her bow, which lay beside her.

Lord, back at the party at least I was of some help. Here I'm not anything. I can't even help Papa and Uncle Frodo.

She glanced over at the lady Idril, who in turn stood studying Mister Mithadan.

"Never annoy a live dragon, dear....."

She chuckled just a little. Then she felt a nudge at her heart, and a bit of a sermon she'd heard back at home came to her.

"Elijah was a man subject to like passions such as we...."

Primrose remembered asking Papa what that meant.

"Well, Tiny Rose, Elijah was a great prophet for the Lord Above--the greatest. But even he had his down times. When that nasty queen threatened his life, he ran away, an' then he went into the forest and had a pity party for himself. The Lord still wanted him to do great things, though..."

Primrose drew a deep breath. "Yes, and here I am throwin' a pity party instead of even trying to do something.

She got up from the wall, and started walking over to where the Elf Lady stood.

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)