View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 08:37 PM   #24
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Silmaril Pisces, A Lost King...

This one is liable to be interesting. Along with Bilbo and Frodo, Aragorn is the only person in LOTR who we are provided with a full birth date. Aragorn, by Tolkien's statement was born on March 1. So, this would make him a Pisces. There are many traits that Aragorn expresses well enough for us to clearly see that he is indeed, a Pisces without Tolkien's reference even though it will prove most helpful.

Part II

Aragorn was born under the sign of Pisces the compassionate, on March 1. The sun is in Pisces from February 21st to March 21st. One convincing keyfact, even though it is slight, is that Pisces rules the feet in the physical body. Aragorn, among his many aliases is called "Wingfoot" given to him by Eomer. Pisces is clearing up all the other odds and ends left over from the other signs. This is why sometimes Pisces is called "the dustpan of the zodiac". Also along with this is why Pisces seem so remote from the other signs. In Pisces, one fish swims downstream representing personality, while another swims upstream representing the soul. either the personalty captures the soul and is made servant, or likewise with the soul. This brings much suffering to Pisces in their life goals and choices. Questions like, "What is the meaning of life?" really do effect them on a daily basist. The spiritual motto for Pisces is "Serve or Suffer". Pisces are born with this choice, and in aragorn's case very important. Aragorn is faced much with the same choices of that of a Pisces individual. one of the most important choices for him to make is that of his inheritance. When Pisces first become aware of these choices, it is not un-common for them to become recluses. They see this as an tempary "escape" from life. The world is not their habitat, and the need to escape from it is very great. With this in mind, we can see why Aragorn was avoiding his inheritance, by becoming a ranger. Pisceans need to be alone and do need to retreat from contact with the world in order to retain an equalibrium. pisces are sometimes moody and introspective and hard to understand. They actually enjoy the idea of being "alien". Much to Frodo's annoyance this was true with Aragorn. Even though it may seem as if Aragorn was trying to avoid his destiny, he was eventually forced into it. Everything for renewal must go back to it's source. When Pisceans actually do step up to the plate (though through much perswasion and emotion), and connect with their inner source of their Being, they are capable of great achievements. When they do not though, the consiquences are greater than for any other sign. Luckly for Aragorn, this did not happen.

Pisceans suffer from an inferiority complex and a sense of unworthiness. They never feel that they do enough to meet their life goals or choices , so they often overwork. Eventually putting stress and strain on the physical body. After the death of Both Gandalf and Boromir, Aragorn seems to plunge into this "workalcholic escapism". Also, the fact that Gandalf left the leading role up to him, caused him to try his best over and over again. But, no one is perfect or closely perfect forever. This becomes apparent to Aragorn after Boromir and Frodo's conflict. Were aragorn tries his hardest to keep the company together, but fails.
"We shall all be scattered and lost, ' groaned aragorn. 'Boromir! i do not know what part you have played in this mischief, but help me now!"(lord of the Rings, p.395)
and yet again, poor Aragorn is lost in everyone's confusion...
"Wait a moment!' cried Aragorn. 'We must divide up into pairs, and arrange! -- here, hold on! Wait!' " (Lord of the Rings, p.395)

Now, to some, it would seem that Aragorn would feel like biting Boromir's head off at this moment but, under that anger is the divine rule of Pisces. Compassion. In the end, Aragorn know's of Boromir's struggles and how hard he tried to redeem himself. That is why at Boromir's end, we see Aragorn reach such a level of compassion, that it seems almost alien.

Another very interesting aspect of Pisces is that they have a deeply hidden inner pride. Assail it at your peril. Aragorn shows this on his own (at the council it is others who glorify him. much to his annoyance and shame.) when passing Argonath. Frodo notices the almost unexistant pride of aragorn come forth, and how even Boromir had shut up about this.

But, in the end, there is one rule that aragorn eventually came forth to. The only true freedom for Pisces comes through spiritual orientation. When they are true to their real nature, Pisceans have a high and holy destiny and are the true savoius and servants of mankind. They have a great sense of compassion and sacrifice themselves in utter devotion for the redemption of the world. Thus coins the quote, "There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his." (Helen Keller, Story of My Life)

Another trend we see among Aragorn is a love of music and a luck of being a gifted healer. "Pisceans have a deep love of music and are fine musicians themselves when they pursue music as a life work. They make wonderful doctors and in any area of the medical fiels do excellent work." (Astrology, a Cosmic Science. Isabel M. Hikey. p.28) In the houses of healing, he brings Faramir back to a state of conciousness. "King! Did you hear that? What did I say? The hands of a healer, I said." (Lord of the Rings, p.848 that really talkative nurse, Ioreth.)

i hope this intigues you to explore or express your knowledge about this essay. I am hoping to see alot of editing, I feel that this essay is unfinished at the time being.

Go ahead! Feel free to express questions, points, and concern.

~Ka~
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote