View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 11:16 PM   #13
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Pipe Water Trio = Seenker peeker (or, the BW said so.)

Ok, since I appariently have to post material now, here's an EXAMPLE of what we WILL be DISCUSSING. i'll start off with the first character in this essay. Or the first water sign the Cancer born, or otherwise known as Boromir.

Part I : The Cancer and the Ring
Boromir undoubtly is a cancer, for many reasons mostly pretaining to his life goals, ideals and personality. It is mostly other characters inthe felllowship or his family who reveal these clues as to what boromir is. Gandalf for example, states to Denethor in the third book that boromir was a "masterful" man. If you break down this you find your basic words to compare. masterful otherwise means, domineering and self-centered where the profit is. Back to the cancer ideal, these two traits are well developed in the cancer native, though they are rather oblivious to admit it. "Cancer is protective, even possessive and can be a jealous, though more from insecurity than simple desire to dominate."(Astrologycom) Boromir could possibly near the end of his time with the fellowship have developed a sense of insecurity. Besides the mastery of the ring, boromir could have had another reason. Cancer's are very attached to their homes, families and tradition. For these reasons boromir might have felt a strong homesickness or a feeling of being out of place or lost. These are very apparent in the chapter "the council of elrond" and in the chapter following boromir's death. He makes his opinion quite clear that he is homesick, lost, and wishes his demands to be met at that exact moment.

Cancers as a vital sign are quite weak, mostly depending on good partnerships, family and friends to support them. This might be another reason for Boromir's sudden concern with his friendship with Frodo. Not only does he wish to return home as soon as possible, he wants a good reason to return and make his father pleased. "The emblem for Cancer is the Crab, a creature with a very hard shell which protects a soft interior. The crab walks sideways, which is how the Cancerian skirts around a problem until forced to take it on with gritty determination and a creative flair." (Astrologycom) As you can see, Boromir was doing what most cancers do best. Avoiding the problem head on, with the easiest way out. unfortunately, this proves a end to himself. But, like most cancers, he learns in the end that it is no use to abondon responsibility and not expect the punishment in return. Another example that boromir is a cancer is what his brother states to Frodo and Sam. "And this I remember of Boromir as a boy, when we together learned the tale of our sires and of the history of our city, that always it displeased him that his father was not king." (Lord of the rings p.655)
Clearly, Boromir was well concerned about the welfare of his family and possibly the advancement of. Cancers are willing to go to the edge if need be to support their family, doing eveything possible to make sure that they are safe or happy. As of this Cancers are very motherly and supportive of their loved ones, their only goal being their families' love in return. With all of this in mind, it is easy to say that Boromir is a original Cancer. Devoted to family, country, tradition and the welfare of those who are dear to them.

This is the first part of the Water Trio essay. As it is analyzed, more adamptions will be made. This is were i let you the project members join in to discuss, analyze and add on whatever they deem appropriate. Later on we will re-write this as a whole with all additions or corections. Then we can discuss matters further and have a little fun as well.

~Ka~

P.S. This is only my opinion but, i believe this is just a really bad brainstorm. it needs other's input. Please come and help!

Last edited by THE Ka; 11-11-2004 at 11:21 PM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote