View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #541
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
at the ruin

Falco pursed his lips and pondered a moment. There's something false about this Trystan, sure as shine when the sun's out, Falco thought to himself. Seemed the boy always had a mask on, because every now and then it slipped; and Falco was nothing if he wasn't quick to mark such things. So much for pondering.

"Aye, you two go on ahead and I'll stay back with Garmund," Falco replied. Thornden eyed him suspiciously. "What're you lookin' at me like that for? You ought to be happy I let you come along at all! Garmund will be fine with me. Now go catch up the lad, can't you see he's leaving you behind?"

Thornden, still eyeing Falco, glanced to where Trystan had been; he was not there. He threw up his hands in consternation and set out at a run to catch up to Trystan.

Falco turned to Garmund who was again looking a little sullen. "There now, my boy, they've gone on a goose chase wild as you like. You want to see the man? I'll show him to you if you like."