View Single Post
Old 07-19-2002, 07:11 PM   #244
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Bethberry looked over at Holly, who was obviously forgetting the incident with the Ranger in her interest in Gandalf's story.

Aye, Holly, you're on to something. Gandalf's timing is superb. But then, he always arrives just when he means to, eh, friend? *friendly nod in the direction of the wizard.*

Rather like the fortuitous timing of our approach to you on the road, eh, Arcon? *a cheery smile with sparkling eyes accompanies this question to the Eldar*

Bethberry then beckoned to the publican, who came over and acknowledged a whispered request with a nod. Quickly he returned with several large fruit pies, bumbleberry, gooseberry, strawberry and rhubarb, which he cut into substantial pieces, and served on plates for all the Tharbad travellers, including Meneldi and Estalarion who had sat at the side away from the othes, as well as Birdie, Arcon, Naaramare, Holly and her friend Olo, Gandalf, and Bethberry, with a hefty serving of cheese slices on the side. As Bethberry handed him several pieces of copper as both payment and tip for the pies, she saw the merchant hobbit's eyes grow wide at the sight of the pies. She turned to him to address him.

It would appear that we have more than enough pie for all our company. Would you care to join us in its disappearing act, Mr. Traveller? My name is Bethberry.*a welcoming smile plays upon Bethberry's face, in case the offer of pie were not incentive enough to join the group.*

[ July 19, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]