View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 02:04 PM   #21
Cúdae
Wight

Cúdae has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cúdae
Sting

Where I live is suburban with absolutely nothing Middle-Earthish about it--if you don't look closely and use your imagination. My town park (if you forget about the cars going by...) is a lot like the Shire. Everything is very green and rolling (until winter, then everything's dead). The downtown section of where I live is very old fashioned and the decoration on the buildings reminds me of Rivendell. Behind my house is a small wood that is choked and dark all of the time. When I go through there, I think of Mirkwood. If one chooses to walk up towards the "nicer" section of town, the houses become quite large and elegant, more fit for royalty than some suburbans who commute 2 hours a day to a major law firm in Boston. One particular house makes me think of Numenor (did I spell that right?). Going back to the park for a moment, there is a hill surrounded by trees that always has sun. Lothlorien anyone?
So you see, you can find Middle-Earth anywhere.