View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #426
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kara had to laugh. Erbrand had been changing pace around her at the drop of a hat all day, and now she knew why. His enthusiasm for the games had been so infectious and consuming that she had never even realised that he was building up to a question, and now here it was twice!

“Kara," he had said after bounding toward her after being knocked out of the games, "I left you with an unanswered question. I pray for you to please dance with me tonight, I can think of no better ending for today. That is, of course, if you have not promised your hand to... uh, I mean your first dance to someone else.”

And now again he had gone from joyful to apprehensive. Kara hoped that it hadn't been her laughter that had caused the change. Ginna had commented on the effect of her mirthful nature on Erbrand already but that atmosphere around her was so up beat that she had entirely forgotten until she saw his face fall. She realised that he probably thought she was trying to figure out a way to let him down gently, despite the fact that this was the furthest thing from her mind. In an effort to make amends she smiled instead and took his hand.

"I have promised neither my hand nor my first dance to anyone, Erbrand, so if you would like to dance then I would be glad to dance with you. Does that answer you question?"