View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #9
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hmmm...let me see. I have all of Tolkien's books in hardback editions, but only two, The Silmarillion and Children of Hurin, are verified first editions (Hurin I bought directly upon release, but the Sil I found in a flea-market for $15). I still have my original dog-earred, coffee-spilled, rag-tag paperbacks all taped together and ready to rain pages at any moment.

The only really interesting collectible I have is a set of 13 marquee placards from the release of Bakshi's Lord of the Rings. They were supposed to be destroyed after the movie's run, but a friend who worked at the theater saved them from destruction and gave them to me. They are all appropriately framed and hanging in my library.