View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 02:07 PM   #390
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

A small figure walked slowly towards the inn of the Green Dragon. A few paces from the door she stopped warily, gazing at the lights in the windows and listening to the noises with a face that changed between happiness and sadness. 'It’ll be fine' she said aloud to herself comfortingly. 'Just be brave, smile and push open the door…'

The door to the inn swung open and banged shut. The young hobbit-lass entered like a whirlwind, her cheeks bright red. In the light you could see she her brown curly hair, characteristic of Hobbits, and light grey eyes. Gazing quickly round she spotted a hobbit sitting alone by the door, wearing a brown cloak. Turning to him with a smile she sat down opposite.

"Hi. I'm Laurella." she said with a smile. "I'm so grateful to see you on your own. Well, no, I don't mean that. I mean I'm glad I don't have to sit on my own. I'm Laurella Took. No wait, I said that. I talk far too much you know! What's your name? I've never been to Bywater before. Do you live round here? Ooh, I'm famished! Are you going to have anything to eat?" Finally she subsided and grinned at her companion, who had a slightly dazed look on his face. It was an effect she often had. Suddenly her earlier worry returned to her face. "I'll go away if you want me to" she said, a question in her glance.

[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link