Thread: Wolf Run RPG
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 10:59 AM   #60
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Tolkien

Gaddy nodded to each new person as they came in the door and went off the talk with their new friends. 'Not a very hardy group,' thought Gaddy, 'but they will have to do, though I do wish that I could find a few hardy farmers of Bree or even their sons. But no one can be spared during these hard times, so I will have to make do with who I have. Maybe these few people will actually turn out to be allright hunters. Maybe even that Ned over there will turn out allright.

Gaddy sighed to himself and turned to look at Autumn and Ned where they sat by each other at the table. Gaddy smiled as he saw Ned's face go beat red as he tried to say something to Autumn. 'I better have a talk with those young ones, ' thought Gaddy, 'This is not the time to develop crushes on pepole. This is serious business, but I might as well let them have some fun while they can. They need something to lighten up their spirits.'

Gaddy watched as the last few people of their company came into the room and Nariah closed the door behind her. The hobbit waited until everyone was seated around the table then he stood up on each chair and began to list the groups.

"I have the made up a list of what the groups will be, and where each of you will go. The first group will go and track down the wargs. The leader of this group will be Elfred Thistle, and, joining him will be Autumn Gamwich and Ned Brandybuck. I want you three to track down the wargs, trying not to be seen of course, and then report back here at the Prancing Pony."

"The next group will go around to the farms that have been attacked by wargs and fight out thing s about the attack. Such as: when did it happen, what happened before and after the attack, and so on. The leader of this expedition will be Nariah Alderleaf, and Fin and Celebmornie will be joining her."

"The last group will go to the Town Hall and around Bree collecting supplies. I will head this group and Anuionin and Bailin will be coming with me. Any questions?"

No one spoke up, so Gaddy continued, "Now everyone will choose their weapons. I would like each group, one at a time, and each person choose what kind of weapon they will use." Groups began to go and choose their weapons, and Gaddy choose this oppurtunity to speak to Nariah alone.

"Nariah here is the list of farms that were attacked by wargs. I want you to go and ask what I said before, and do not take any bad mouthing from anyone, girl. Remember, I choose YOU to be the leader of your group, not anyone else. I choose you to be the leader because I know that you can do this. Don's worry, lass, you'll do fine, and I'm sure that you will make us all proud."

Nariah smiled, embarrassed, and looked down at the list in her hands. Suddenly her head sang with shcock, and she looked up at Gaddy quickly. "Your farm is on this list, Gaddy! But, I...."

Gaddy quickly interupted the woman, "Now, Nariah, you know that my farm was attacked. If you need to talk to me about it, then you will probally be able to find me here or at the Town Hall. Now go grab your waepons, or your group will be late in leaving."

Nariah quickly ran over to Fin and Celebmornie, who had allready begun picking out their weapons. After everyone was finished Gaddy wished them well, and went to join his group.

[ December 22, 2002: Message edited by: Galadel Vinorel ]
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll