View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 05:33 PM   #164
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I'm a little unclear when (what year) you expect Elrond and troops to show up in Ost-in-Edhil.

Is it this year that we're starting the game?
Okey...here's a run-down.

Eriador is invaded and Elrond is sent to Eregion: 1695 SA

That is where we start. For the Elves of Lindon, this is when the council takes place, and the forces are prepared, and they begin the march.

For the Elves of Lorien, they will be preparing a force to leave. The dwarves will be doing the same, and then will meet the Elves of Lorien at the east gate of Moria to lead them through, and then the two groups will travel together to Ost-in-Edhil (when exactly in real time they will reach Ost-in-Edhil depends on how the game is moving). Once the Elves and Dwarves reach the city, they will join the forces that are being gathered from Eregion to garrison in Ost-in-Edhil, as well as helping to bring in refugees. Small groups might venture to take down Orc raiding parties...again, depends on how the game is moving along.

For the Elves of Eregion, they will be experiencing some changes. They will be mustering troops, they will be refugees coming from the lands outside Ost-in-Edhil in Eregion or they will be finding places for refugees to stay or they will be becoming soldiers if they are not already.

We're going to say that all of this takes place late in 1695 to keep things simple.

Depending on how the game moves along, we will make a *time jump*.

Eregion is destroyed and Celebrimbor is killed, Imladris is founded: SA 1697

We will go from setting up practically right to the action: preparing for the siege, and as soon as is convenient (again, all depends on how the game is moving), we begin the actual battle. This will all be occuring early in the year, again, to keep things simple.

The details of the battle will be dealt with before the battle starts, of course, but there is no need to do so now.

But, since Elrond and his forces obviously did not save Eregion from being destroyed, the Elves of Lindon will arrive in Ost-in-Edhil in 1697. With a reasonable size force and that many miles to travel, it isn't far-fetched for them to take many months to reach the city (leaving late in 1695 and arriving early in 1697). And, of course, it is likely that they will run into some small resistance before actually reaching the city.

The details of what exactly will occur concerning the arrival of the Lindon forces and the escape from Ost-in-Edhil will be dealt with when the time comes, as well.

Please let me know if you're confused about anything, if anything doesn't seem to work out (which is of course quite possible...in fact I almost expect it!), etc. Ask me questions on the thread or via PM.

Gwydion - Please check your PMs (in a few minutes).