View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #29
Meriadoc1961
Wight

Meriadoc1961 has just left Hobbiton.
I was disappointed in the selection of both Cate Blanchette and Liv Tyler for their parts. I always felt that the best choices to fill those roles would have been Jennifer O'Dell from the TV series Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World for Galadriel and Jolene Blalock of Star Trek: Enterprise to play Arwen. Both of these women are incredibly beautiful, which is how Tolkien describes these two women in the books. I am not saying the choices of Blanchette and Tyler are ugly, I just do not see them as the drop-dead gorgeous types that are described by Tolkien. Of the two, I felt Tyler was the better choice.

I thought the selection for Gandalf and Saruman were particularly well made, as was Eomer, in my opinion.

They did a great job with Gollum and the Balrog, too.

So with what we have left I would say the characters of Eowyn and Rosie were good. I believe the young lady hobbits in FotR were the most attractive female characters in the movies, especially the shot that has Rosie and a few other lovely ladies looking up as the dragon firework flies overhead. They are very beautiful there. I really think they would have been excellent for these parts.

My wife's favorite is Legolas, so she also has to watch Pirates of the Caribbean.

Merry

Last edited by Meriadoc1961; 12-20-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Meriadoc1961 is offline   Reply With Quote