View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 03:10 PM   #25
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Callo sat atop a rock while the others were about talking amidst themselves. He sat behind Melimo sharpening one of his arrows with a stone that lay beside where he was sitting. As he listened intently to the constant sound of the rocks and the whispers coming from others in the group, his eyes suddenly drifted from his idleness.

He looked up and noticed an Elf sitting against a tree. She looked troubled as she sat looking at the ground in deep thought. Callo put his bow back into a pouch on Melimo's side and threw the stone down. He walked over to where the Elf sat.

"Nervous?" he said suddenly from behind. The Elven maiden jumped at his voice and turned to meet him.
"About the dragon, I mean." he continued. You seem to be troubled."

"Not exactly nervous," the Elf replied returning to her position against the tree. "Just curious...how are we supposed to accomplish this task anyway? It seems almost impossible. We have so few people."

Callo took a seat beside her on the ground. "I think we can do it though," he replied. "With Elentari's guidance we can. Have you heard of her defeat at Cirith Ungol? Only 6 people on that journey when they actually faced Shelob. I knew one of them, but...she died while fighting against the evil menace. Elentari made it through though, and I believe she can get us through this as well. I'm Callo, by the way."

"My name is Lostlondwen."

Callo looked up at some of the others when he heard Rowan speak to Elentari about the plans for the future day.

"Well, looks like we're about to set off again," Callo said to Lostlondwen. "I'd better go tend to my horse now."

Lostlondwen nodded as she smiled and watched Callo walk off toward Melimo. Callo finished making sure everything was secure on Melimo's back and waited for Elentari's command.