View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #138
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
The Legate bandwagon yesterDay I thought was very silly - though I was also very surprised to find I was in the running!

The voters:
Lommy ~ well she had been arguing against his reasoning all Day so she at least had a consistent and personally reasoned reason for voting for him. That is not to say that it makes her automatically innocent. There is nothing to say that she didn't go after him for this very reason. Being the first to vote also means no automatic innocence - it's the safest place to be in the bandwagon.

Cop ~ now Cop already had 2 votes at this point so actually her vote for Legate makes sense, but in two ways. She could know she is an innocent, therefore know nothing of Legate and reasonably assume her death would be no better if not worse for the village than Legate's. Or she could know that she is a wolf, therefore know that Legate is not and therefore need to save her own skin. At this point though, she could also have voted for me and put me ahead as Boro had just given me a second vote. The choice between Legate and me then is an interesting one.

Quick recap on Cop's posts then:
#5: I am sure we have various spells and potions available to turn us invisible. Of course, we must bear in mind that the traitors in our midst have these means available to them as well...
THIS is the sentence that had me thinking, I had just wrongly attributed it to Inzil. So it is Cop perhaps who needed to remind a fellow wolf to turn invisible. I do think it more than simple banter, only because Inzil had entirely explicitly stated this already.

#7: Began the questioning of how many wolves there were. But did say ‘No, this is not the time.’

#12 Knew nothing of the ‘rule of three’ (and let us please hope we can be at the end of that ridiculous discussion now!) but seemed to take it seriously, stating she would not want to be suspicious of Inzil as usual but would instead suspect Lottie.

#17 Specifically states that she is innocent in response to a jokey comment from Lommy. Overstates the likelihood of a wolf/wolves already having posted. Lommy does later have this out with her. Questions Legate about seeing wolf to wolf communication in her conversation with Inzil – so this could be the start of her Legate suspicion.

#45 Suspicions, so here is what she said about me and Legate.
Kath: Talks about admin and rules issues. There's nothing particularly suspicious about that. She also asks for an explanation of a sentence of mine - and likewise, that doesn't look suspicious of her. Later on, she offers some clarification to Greenie about an interpretation of Legate re the rule of 3 business.

There is really nothing there that looks suspicious, but Kath is not putting herself out there much with opinions about other posters. Of course, it's hard to have a really strong opinion this early on. She could be a careful, thoughtful innocent, but equally could be a careful, cautious wolf.

Legate: At #15 he appears to claim that my early banter comments, especially towards Inzil, could while purporting to be pure banter have a hidden purpose of "talking about Wolves" or "talking about packmates". At #27 he claims that that wasn't what he meant and that it was all a general comment about the "avoiding" feel of the banter. I'm not sure I buy that. I also think he's over-reacting to my concern about his intentions, as the situation as I believed it to be (Legate suggesting there could be hidden evil talking-to-and-about-sorcerers in the early banter, but not saying important things such as what or where) was a reasonable cause for suspicion and seeking clarification.

Although I don't trust the explanation at #27, the possibility definitely remains that Legate's wording at #15 just didn't convey exactly what he wanted it to and he's perfectly innocent. Will definitely have to keep an eye on Legate.

I don't particularly find the rule of three explanation that Legate gave to be suspicious. He posts first impressions of several people, which is a good sign. He missed some details about what people were talking about before, which suggests he wasn't reading all of the posts with extreme care. The continuing discussion with Lommy about the rule of three thing looks genuine, but is probably not especially relevant to whether he's a sorcerer.

So at this point she is clearly more suspicious of Legate than of me, and has a reason separate to Lommy’s. I do agree that Legate’s comment and later explanation were a bit vague. I would suspect that he maybe did get a funny feel from the post and then poked Cop to see what would happen.

#64 Questions Echo – somebody she had stated she was concerned about.

#75 This is the post that raised suspicions in a few people as she states she thinks her own tone was forced, and also defends herself for stating she is an innocent. Yes, she is putting it across as correcting a mistaken stat, but what she has actually done is explicitly state that she is an innocent. If you’re going to do that then fair enough, but don’t then back away from it.

#81 Through her acceptance that things she did may appear suspicious, she clears Greenie of suspicion. If she was beginning to worry about ending up in the noose this would be a nice time to deflect suspicion away from a Greenie-wolf buddy.

#86 Oh, but then turns round and suggests that Greenie might actually be a wolf after all for voting for her.

#90 States that she would be likely to vote for Legate, saying his leaving right after voting is odd. Actually I would say this is all but usual behaviour! Those who vote then hang around gleefully waiting to see what happens are the ones I would worry about.

#94 Then this: Boro does have a point about Kath's #54, now that he points it out, but I didn't notice anything particularly suspicious in her other posts. Which I have already asked for clarification on, followed by a vote for Legate.

Then her first post today:
#106 A pity about Legate. I can see how that happened now and I really should have known better.
I would very much like an explanation of this sentence.

I must say that this read through does not make me feel very happy about Cop. I rather feel that she pushed at Legate quite hard, and did put him back in the running for the lynch when she voted, although her reasons were voting were at least reasoned and well supported.

Holby ~ after I had been voted into the lead for the lynch, Holby then appeared and put Legate back into the running saying: since out of the three hes suspicious to me. Had Legate in her ‘much suspect’ list, but this list was nearer the innocent end of the list than her ‘very suspect’ list which included me and Inzil. So at this point I would suggest Legate was the least suspicious to her. Later says she thinks Legate and Greenie suspicious for bandwagoning on suspicions of Cop. So I suppose that you could say Legate was her highest suspect of the three at the point that she voted. That said, given she thought the suspicion of Cop was odd she could have been trying to save a fellow Cop-wolf and at this point used suspicion of Legate to direct votes away from Cop and to Legate.

Eonwe ~ made the final decision! Brave innocent or uncaring wolf. An innocent would die either way.

This has got overly long. Posting.