View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #478
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Like I said before, Cop was unusual in suspected Eomer and myself, and was also somewhat unusual in not suspecting Enca and Boro. Most people did, to some extent, express at least some uneasiness towards both of them. Cop was the exception. The bear had to chose somehow, and if they or their maiden were already under suspicion, they would have wanted to avoid digging the hole deeper by killing someone who suspected them. Cop's unusual suspicions make sense as a bear target if Cop was one of the only people the bear could kill, since Cop was one of the only people who didn't suspect them at all. This points to Enca for sure, and maybe also Boro - but Enca is more likely according to this argument.
Okay. That's a scenario.

But it's also a scenario full of if's... like any scenario we might build on the Bear at this point, I'm afraid.

First there's the "if" of the lovers being under suspicion aka. some pressure to be careful with their kills.

Now it seems you say that "exactly because them choosing Cop shows they were under pressure", but that is indeed begging the question as to whether there could have been any other reasons for the lovers to pick Cop?

Let's assume, for an argument's sake that Wyth and Greenie are the lovers - couldn't they just throw a coin and come up with Cop? The answer is, yes they could.

Let's assume, for an argument's sake that myself and Lommy are the lovers - couldn't we have decided that we want to keep around only people who contribute a lot of their own thoughts and not just quotes and thence picked Cop? The answer is, yes we could.

Let's assume, for an argument's sake that you Lottie and Eomer are the lovers - couldn't you have decided to get rid of Cop and her nasty suspicions and decide to make this kind of defence for it trying to sway us to look at is as it should be Encai and/or Boro? The answer is, yes you could.

Do you see this problem?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote