View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
White Tree

I of course join the host of congratulations - this is wonderful news. I am very happy for the two of you, and I will save a prayer or two in your direction. And now that I think back, I must smile at the beauty of your "story". I just remembered certain Form saying somewhere randomly about three years ago something about wondering if meeting Downers in person might not be hazardous. I could perhaps put it a bit more differently (and it of course goes for both of you) - "it is a dangerous business, my dear Frodo, going to meet a 'Downer... there's no knowing where you might be swept off to". Just like with Bilbo, however, such a way of "being swept" might be a wonderful journey. So all the best for you two, sharing the journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Now if that doesn't beat the royal wedding!
Surely! I mean, really, this is something that really makes me happy, and interests me far more than some random royal folks (bah). Such a thing beats all front page news... and now I would really wish somebody to try to tell me that we live in a merciless and unfeeling world!

I just hope that Form and Nienna are not going to suffer from exactly the same thing as the royal family did, being in the center of attention of all 'Downers as celebrities, and that we offer them enough privacy to enjoy this happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Thank you all for your congratulations and well wishes. For those who'd like the story in a bit more sappy version:

Formendacil and I were going out to my back yard to take some new pictures of us together. We were all dressed nice and I wanted a new picture of us together. We got out to the spot and then instead of pulling the camera out of his pocket he pulled the little ring box and got down on his knee. It was very adorable. And the ring is gorgeous (if a tad big).
Only a small remark in the end - a tad big, you say? Just, well, you know, I suggest checking it in front of a fireplace. I mean, just in case. We all know Form is a nice guy, but... just in case.

"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote