View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #834
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
May I propose a plot twist?

Here's the idea. Because Lachrandir can do osanwë, he is going to believe Nogrod's and Lalaith's characters. Then when Thorn comes and tells him the same thing, only with more details, namely about Jord/Thuringwethil and her ties to Morgoth Bauglir, well the jig is up, isn't it? We can't have Lachrandir go back and tell Caranthir the wrong thing, now, can we? So instead, Jord/Thuringwethil realizes that something did not go as she wished since Khandr did not die in complete despair; she knows some intervention occurred, but she does not know what or how or where from. Can she still turn herself into some other creature, like a bat? If so, this will be easier. She turns herself, and flies back toward Khandr's lodgings, and senses the flight of Fastarr and Embla, and gives chase. She bypasses Uldor and brother, and reaches Lachrandir, Fastarr and Embla, and finds Thorn with them, telling Lachrandir everything, and he believes. Jord must therefore fix things. She wrests Fastarr's sword, murders Lachrandir and Thorn, and shoos the two humans away, setting up the frame. She then meets up with Uldor and Ulfast separately (each unaware of the other) and they both find the bodies and Fastarr's sword, and they accuse the Borrim of treachery and murder. That leaves it to Tathren to return to Caranthir with the news of Lachrandir's death, the treachery of the Borrim, and the resolute loyaly of the Ulfings.

What do you think?

Okay, you're probably wondering why I want to kill off both of my characters. It's because I'm going to leave the Barrowdowns; not because of anything wrong, it's just time. But I want to see all of my commitments through, including this one. Let me know.