View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #198
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry for being MIA for a bit! Have you had some warm days up there yet? We've finally been having some pleasant days in the upper 80s rather than upper 90s

Posted for Tate and Edwin; I'll try to do a post for Karl soon, too.

As for Part 2! I suppose it depends on how many years we want to skip ahead in their lives. From what I found online, Saruman claims Isengard in 2953. So that would be 14 years. It would certainly work fine, except that it might be unrealistic that Jessamy's avoided marriage for that long.

I'm sure we can assume there's other trouble stirring in the meantime, as well...

I suppose for Edwin the is his father dying, once his liver gives out. Edwin would want to move on, probably, to get away from his father's legacy. And because of his friendship with Karl, who also doesn't belong in Bree. So he'll maybe convince Karl to finally move on to somewhere else, travel further since he doesn't really have a home there to begin with.

I'm having these ideas that really aren't very lore-friendly. I'm thinking it would be too much for (one of) them to have a run in with a Black Rider and (of course no one takes them seriously round Bree)...then I guess there's two possibilities. The more realistic (by a little) is them being afraid it's after them and wanting to flee their little town so it won't terrorize people or something. The other might be that they want to find out what it is and warn someone important about it. But I'm not entirely sure where that would send them.

Sauron didn't know Bilbo had the ring until 3017ish, but I imagine the Nazgul were up to something at this point. I imagine they could have been searching for the ring rather than just sitting around in Minas Morgul? But each on their own, not in a group, and scattered all over.

I know we were talking about the last fright maybe being seeing a Black Rider, so it might be redundant. But it also might make it all the more concerning for whoever runs in to the Black Rider (sees it, speaks to it?) that this Rider has been around before.