View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #68
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“I think I had better get Iari home,” Kéni said. Kénan nodded his head in agreement. “When will you return, Grandfather?”

“I don’t know,” Kénan replied. “It depends on how long Trór takes in his council.” The long-winded fool may take all day and night, he thought to himself, but this he did not say aloud to his grandchildren. “It may be a long while - don’t wait up for me.”

Kéni nodded and took his sisters hand, but Kénan wanted to make himself clear.

“Get her to bed as quick as you can. She needs rest.” And he did not want to be bothered with her whimpering when he got home. “You get to bed, too.”

Kéni nodded again, though he resented being told to go to bed. He grumbled something between his teeth as he led his sister off, but Kénan was already pacing off in the direction of the appointed place for the council.

“Well, here I am,” he said. “Let’s not take longer than we must!” The request was made apparently to no one in particular, but he was looking in Trór’s general direction.