View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #240
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine

"Friend," asked Degas, "is there a place here we can speak freely without our voices carrying easily to others?"

"I fear that there is no such place unless you desire the mess of someone's tent. I suggest that you take a walk outside the bounds of Scarburg, out in the open where no one can eavesdrop without being seen first."

Rowenna

“I think," said Nydfara, " that your skill is not so much a game as you would have me think; but your purposes are your own.” She raised her brow, her smile a little lessened, as they came to the kitchen. With that Nydfara moved away, and she placed the side of meat in Frodides' salt bed until it was needed later.

Lithor was talking up the games that would be played this day, and Rowenna, feeling much lighter and more playful than usual, was taken into the excitement. She went up to Lithor and poked him on the shoulder. He turned.

"Yes?"

"I want to be in the task path race, dagger throwing contest, three legged race, and the horse race!"

"Lass," he said with a look of mild scorn, "you have no horse."

She allowed a pout to her lips. "I'll find one!"

"Can you even ride?" he asked.

"I am a daughter of an Eorling land holder. Horses are in my blood! You'll see."

"Then go talk to Léof and see if he has a horse, and we'll see if your riding is as bold as your talk!"

"I'll show you!" she called as she marched away. "And don't forget the other three games I'm in!"

She allowed herself a very brief glance to see if anyone was observing her, such as Nydfara. She did not see him. Where was Eodwine? She wanted him for the three legged race. No matter, she'd find him soon enough. Now to find Léof.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-23-2008 at 09:16 PM.