View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #236
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
He wanted her to tell him what happened. He told her why. That he wanted to go back. She could scarcely believe him. Not that she doubted that he wanted to act honorably - he was always honorable - but it was so dangerous. A shadow of doubt and fear crossed her face, but Degas did not see it as he turned to meet Leođern’s question.

Saeryn smiled a little as Degas knelt to answer. He had always liked children and he seemed to care especially for this little girl. It may have been for Linduial’s sake that Degas so cherished Leođern. Now her twin tried to explain to Leođern why he must go, but that he would come back and there would be visiting between all of them.

“I hope very much that my friend Eodwine will think someday of me as family, as I do him, and that we shall visit each other as brother’s would, and speak as freely.”

A gentle infusion of red colored Saeryn’s pale cheeks. Whether or not Degas meant it, she caught the hint - and she dared not look up at Eodwine standing nearby, hearing everything just as well as she.

Degas was finishing with Leođern. “You promise to come and visit and not leave for a long time again?” she asked.

Degas nodded, then added, “Unless great need causes me to lea ve. But I will come back.”

The little girl hugged Degas tightly around the neck, drew back with a smile, and hurried away. With her worries put to rest, the preparation of the games appealed strongly to her now. Degas sighed, looking after her, and then stood up again and faced Saeryn.

“Can we talk somewhere else?” she asked.