View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #230
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Lithor

The tent was full when as he approached it. Good, he thought to himself, saves me the trouble of running after everyone. Borrowing a stool from a nearby table, he placed it in the middle of the tent and fearlessly stood on it raising his arms aloft.

"Your attention please, everyone, your attention for a moment!" he patiently waited for the commotion in the tent to die down before he continued. "Thank you kind people, I will take but a moment of your time. We have been working very hard this last month on building our new settlement here in Scarburg, and I think that it's safe to say that we have long needed a day of rest and recuperation." he was answered with cheers and applause, Lithor raised him arms for everyone to stay silent.

"That day is finally here, our gracious lord Eodwine has proclaimed a day of rest and festivities. There will be races, on horseback and on foot, tests of strength, feats of archery, and dueling." this was met with loud applause, mainly from the men. "But there will also be dancing, with music, singing, and a great fire later tonight along with a marvelous dinner, already prepared, to wrap up the festivities." This was again met with louder applause, this time the women joining in on the excitement.

"Therefore, eat hardy now, for with lord Eodwine's permission the games will begin after breakfast!" Lithor couldn't help himself from cheering along with the people as he began to step down from his stool.

"Oh, and it any of you men want to participate in the games today just tell me and I'll take care of it."

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 08-15-2008 at 02:02 PM.