View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #212
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine

He knew he should have intervened sooner. Why had he let this go on so long? Because you wanted answers and hoped to have some from this conversation which is no business of yours. Nor anybody's else for that matter. And what was Crabannan doing here?

Harreld peeked his head out of the smithy. "Did someone call me?"

"Crabannan, you are dismissed to break your fast. Harreld has work to do. Degas, you will come with me at once. Saeryn, go help Frodides."

Each of them hesitated and stared at him, as if questioning his right to say what he had said.

"Go at once!" All of them startled as if suddenly awakened from a trance, and each of them except for Degas moved away, Crabannan with his shoulders bent in sullenness, Saeryn with her back straight in dignified offense. Eodwine had avoided her eyes for he did not want to see an accusing look; and therefore did not see what look she sent his way if any.

He felt the contortions in his face slowly dissipate as the rage that had poured into his three word command slipped away. He looked at Degas who sat waiting, busy with his own thoughts.

"That did not go well, Degas," Eodwine murmured, saying the obvious to fill the aching silence. "Let us walk along the borders of Scarburg. I would that you speak your mind to me." They began walking in silence, which would do for now, for Eodwine had thoughts of his own with which to wrestle. He was not at all pleased with Saeryn's behavior. He recalled the words he had spoken to Rowenna a month ago as to what he wished for in a wife. At this point, things lay in Rowenna's favor. A shame that he did not have that gut interest in her that drew him to Saeryn.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-13-2008 at 09:47 AM.