View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 03:58 PM   #43
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield ROHAN: Liornung

Liornung's eyes met Bellyn's for a brief moment, and in that moment he seemed to decide what course of action he would make. Holding up his hand to stay whatever Ędegard might be intending to say, he dismounted quickly from his steed, causing the young blacksmith to start in surprise. "Good day to you, Master Amroth," he said, bowing. "I have, to speak the blunt truth, been following you."

Amroth raised an eyebrow, but no amazement showed in his features. "And why were you following me?"

"Because I was asked to."

"Who asked you?"

"A dear friend of mine who wished you to come to no harm." Liornung paused and gazed questioningly at Amroth, giving him a chance to answer, but Amroth merely made a gesture with his hand for Liornung to continue. "You say you ride to Lothlorien to seek your betrothed." The fiddler's eyes softened a bit. "I do not trust those lands as well as one might, but I am not afraid to venture into them. If you will consent, I will accompany you to Lothlorien and see that you come to no harm. My lady Bellyn will most surely come as well. As for Ędegard, I know not." Liornung cast an amused glance in that man's direction, biting back a chuckle. "If he will not lend you his horse you still have no need to fear. My horse is strong and we can split the weight of the baggage upon my packhorse between that worthy horse and my own."

Amroth looked from Ędegard to the horses to Bellyn, and then his gaze fixed on Liornung. The latter felt a sense of awe sweep through him and he knew he was standing before one who deserved great respect. Dropping his eyes, he murmured softly, "Master Amroth, what you deem best I will agree with. I merely request to accompany you to Lothlorien and see you come to no harm."