View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 09:47 PM   #68
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Alak, I think Amroth would go due north from Edoras, which would put him on the east edge of Fangorn; skirt the eastern edge of Fangorn; then when he gets to t he northeast corner (where the river Limlight exits the forest) he would turn north-north-west (call it 345 degree bearing) and go straight to the falls of Himrodel.

He has two reasons for skirting Fangorn; one, it's slow to travel in; and two, he found Nimrodel on the borders of Fangorn once before when she fled from the Durin's Bane chaos. He'll skim Fangorn's border, keeping an eye out for her.

However, he will be searching mentally as well as physically, scanning the forests (borh Fangorn and Lorien) for her mind, via Osanwe. I would expect Erebemlin to sense that.

(Nimrodel closed her mind long ago in despair, according to our story, and is lingering still in the Paths of the Dead... effectively sheilded from Amroth's searching, as she has been the past thousand years.)

I need to get those bios up! One thing is taht Amroth thinks his "swim" was only a few weeks ago, not a thousand years ago. ONe of the conditions for his return was that he could tell no one of his stay in the halls of Mandos. So he agreed to forget about the last thousand years (or they wouldn't have let him come back.)

I'll try to get those bios up tomorrow during lunch break. The weekend was crazy (but excellent.)

Love ya'll-- Helen