Thread: Why save them?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 02:54 PM   #20
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
Personaly I don't think that Sam is that important after Orodruin. . . atleast I think that what ever changes there was in his esteem in the Shire, could have been shown in Merry and Pippin. I might be influenced by the fact, that I at times find Sam annoying.

I actually think it could work out quite nicely with Sam dying. . . If you don't care about the christian doctrines that Lommy speaks of, that is.
Well, at least if he had died Tolkien should have written Galadreil to give the earth to someone else, or Frodo to take Sam's gift with him and spread it around in his memory...

But I still think he couldn't have died. That, I think, wouldn't have made the story more bittersweet, only over-tragic. I like the plot the way it is.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote