View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 09:00 PM   #154
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye Last post for Thoronmir (I'm not dead...)

Thronmir woke up and looked into the faces of several rangers. He gave a low groan as he tried to sit up. The rangers all looked at him in amazement.

"It can't be!"

"But you're dead!"

Thoronmir had sustained some heavy injuries and had been knocked unconscious, almost dead. But he was of a breed that did not so easily give in to death.

"I'm... sorry to... disappoint you," Thoronmir said, his strength just beginning to return. "But you cannot get rid of me that easily." He smiled, and they smiled back. Awyrgan put Thoronmir on the latter's own horse, and together they all returned to the settlement.

Later, when Thoronmir had fully recovered, he had come to a decision about what he was going to do from now on.

"Awyrgan," he said. "I must leave you and the rest of the rangers now."

"But why?" Awyrgan asked.

"All of my friends are dead now," the older man replied. "I am the only one in my generation left. I have seen more death and spilled more blood than you know. I do not want to keep living like this."

"Well, I'll certainly miss you around here, that's for sure," Awyrgan said. "Who could ever take your place?"

"You could, and I'm sure you will," Thoronmir told him. "I shall take only my weapons and my horse. The rest I leave to you. Take care."

"You too."

Thoronmir saddled his horse, took up his gear, and rode off into the sunset.