View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 12:42 AM   #137
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
After Alearindu had bandaged Awyrgan, she took time to notice her own wounds. There were the occasional and expected nicks on her arms and a few on her torso, but there was one on her upper left arm that had cut pretty deep. Alearindu also noticed she had a few burns from where she had been too close to the fire.

She knew she had bandages in Mornen’s saddlebags, so she walked towards the corrals and where she had split up with Ethiner. Ethiner… had he found Tane and told him about the attack? Alearindu was picking up her bow and quiver along with Ethiner’s when Sulenar came up to her.

“Tane wishes for all of the Rangers and any settler still left to meet him at the trading post.” Sulenar said. Alearindu nodded, but didn’t feel much like talking. Sulenar left, and Alearindu decided to find out what Tane was planning. She glanced at her wound, and decided she wasn’t bleeding to death, so she would be able to bandage it later.

Alearindu made her way to the trading post, and found Tane there; but no one else had come yet.

“Tane!” She called, and jogged over to him. Tane turned around and smiled; most probably at the relief that she was still among the living.

His smile faded as he noticed the wound on her arm. “Alearindu…your arm. Why isn’t it bandaged? It still hasn’t even stopped bleeding.”

“I’m fine Tane.” She brushed away his hand, and attempted to change the topic. “Why do you need all of us here? What are you planning?”

Tane shook his head. He should have expected the small show of stubbornness. “Alearindu, come.” He took the wrist of her good arm, and led her into the trading post tent.

Tane located cloth and bandages, and then walked back over to where he had left her. He pointed to the pouch of water she had, and smirked as Alearindu rolled her eyes. However, she didn’t argue, and handed him the water. Tane poured a few drops onto one of the cloths, and dabbed at the dried blood around her wound.

Alearindu winced as he brushed over the opening of the wound, but Tane didn’t notice. “You know. You wouldn’t be doing this if I were, for instance, Sulenar…” Alearindu commented. “And you know very well that I am capable of cleansing and bandaging my own wounds.”

Tane placed the cloth over the wound and applied a small amount of pressure. He looked at Alearindu for a moment, and then smiled. “Sulenar isn’t as easy on the eyes. Plus, he would have taken care of his own wounds, as you obviously have not. And then again, maybe I just wanted to.” Alearindu narrowed her eyes slightly, and was going to comment about how she was on her way to get her own bandages when she decided to come see him, but she couldn’t help but smile as well as she saw the jesting in Tane’s eyes.

Just then, Kaben walked through the opening of the tent. Alearindu made a move to somewhat hide the bandages, but Tane held her in place. Kaben was obviously affected by the battles; he still seemed nervous and on edge, but he merely glanced at the bandages and smiled. Tane pulled out a few coins, and handed them to Kaben, but Kaben pushed them away. “Don’t worry about that. Just go ahead and use however much you need. You Rangers helped us, so I’m just returning a small portion of our thanks. Even though, I believe this battle is far from over…” And with that, he bowed slightly and exited the tent.

Alearindu went to follow Kaben out, but Tane grasped her good wrist again and shook his head. “Be patient. At least let me wrap the wound.” Alearindu sighed, but gave in. Tane placed a clean cloth over the wound, wrapped a bandage a few times around her arm, and then tied it. “There. See? Now was that so hard?”

Alearindu smirked. “Thank you, Tane.”

Tane smiled again. “Anytime.”

Last edited by TheLadyAerowen; 06-02-2004 at 11:37 AM.