View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 03:29 PM   #3
James the Just
Pile O'Bones

James the Just has just left Hobbiton.
Well, let's see. The first year of the First age of the Sun was 13,500 BP. This would apparently start an age of exploration. For example, the Clovis Culture came on the scene right around then while the -theriums soon left it.
The Elves were awakened in Y.T. 1050, or 78,444 BP. You'll find it on the chart as the thin line in the middle of the aqua-colored age. The weather was decent then. Not long after, though, there came the Toba catastrophe, a supervolcanic eruption, wiping out most of mankind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

What happened then? Who knows? If there is someone out there with some lore about those times they ought to write it as 'fan fiction'.*
I imagine that Elven bones just kind of fade away over time, explaining the lack of physical evidence. But some live ones are still around, hiding underground perhaps, and don't think that 2850 AD is all that far in the future. It's been 94¼ yén since the start of the First Age. In fact, many will celebrate the 13,573rd year of it soon, on March 29th. Have fun while you can; there's only 5¾ yén to go.

* If anyone wishes they may use anything I've come up with in their fiction with or without attribution. I have no intention whatsoever of copyrighting the chronologies or geographies. They're for anyone to do with as they please.
James the Just is offline   Reply With Quote