Thread: Your lotr dream
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #308
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I had a weird dream a while ago which I still have not boasted of here. I am not sure if it exactly qualifies as a Lord of the Rings dream, but I had just seen the third movie again, hence the inspiration. Sorry for the less than eloquent and far too lengthy retelling. I will not blame you for giving up halfway.

Some evil being had invaded a college dorm (does this sound like a cheap horror or what?). For some odd reason, I was feeling heroic -I'm always the hero of my dreams- and decided I should be the one to defeat this hell beast. I did not need to go alone, for some strangers were perfectly willing to lay down there lives for me. I now had a fellowship, so we set out on our quest. The dorm was enormous - a world by itself. We first needed to travel through the 'good' part to get to the river that divided the school into two. The lands around the river were a sort of no-man's land and as we walked further, the view got more and more depressing. The river turned from sparkly blue and clear into a wide, dark and smelly stream. The shores were soon crawling with maggots but still we walked onwards.

At the border of the evil lands, there was a small candy shop run by a witch. We knew we needed her help if we wanted to make it through the battle. The old lady was prepared to help us, but warned us not to come too close. We soon figured out why: the candy she sold was not really candy at all, but dark magic spells given power by demons. And those same demons were walking around her store, occasionally pretending to lash out at us. It was quite terrifying. So we bought some 'candy' and as we were planning to continue our journey, one of the scariest demons suddenly appeared in front of us. He was a Hellhound, with enormous fangs and fiery red eyes, called Grunt (oh dear, my dreams are such a cliché). He said he wanted to go with us to defeat the evil overlord - he could show us the way. Naturally, we were hesitant to welcome his company: he was not exactly trustworthy. However, we feared we had no choice and took him along.

Through a gate we entered the evil part of the dorm. The students there seemed all to be engaged in satanic cults and the place was covered in seemingly occult symbols. We rushed through this part, afraid to be discovered - surprise was to be our ally. Then finally we came to a broom closet, which we knew was really the door into the heart of the evil land - which we by then referred to as Mordor. Gathering all our courage, we entered.

The dungeon we were in was divided into several wide and stony chambers. The first few were empty, but we more or less knew what was coming. Suddenly, we found ourselves in a chamber full of immobilised people. We didn't quite trust it and we were right: as soon as we opened the door to the next chamber they started whispering and murmuring amongst each other, threatening and approaching with their swords drawn. We fled through the door and barricaded the entrance, only to find ourselves facing worse enemies. Four monstrous beings were standing in front of us, fully armed and looking like wingless Balrogs. We attacked them, but however hard we tried, they kept coming back. I saw us losing and yelled that we just had to rush on, knowing that once the Big Bad was defeated, all his minions would disappear as well. With all the monsters behind us we entered the final chamber and I started duelling with the Sauron-before-he-became-an-eyeball-like being there. I soon knew I was stronger, but somehow my sword could not touch him. Then Grunt the Hellhound yelled that Big Bad could only be hit if the sword went through an innocent's body first. Before I knew what was happening, one of my friends jumped between us and I struck him in the heart. My sword went right through his back and pierced Big Bad's stomach. He immediately started vanishing and as I knew we had won, I woke up.

Whoever can find all the parallels my subconscious unconsciously makes… well let's just say I am quite insane. Please don't try to analyse me! I'm sure I don't wish to know. Though I must say I love these kind of dreams: I wake up feeling like I have just saved the world.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote