Thread: Your lotr dream
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 12:52 PM   #228
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Dr. Lyta Strikes Again

Gee, I don't get in here often enough, it seems!

Finwe's:
Quote:
I was in my friend Evan's car (a tiny, sleek black sports car), and I was making out with him, but suddenly he turned into Galadriel, and I didn't even notice for about five minutes. Once I did, I just looked at her for two seconds, and kept making out with her. Then the top of the car flew off. Then... I woke up.
Well, Finwe, as the risk of sounding presumptuous, perhaps your choice of makeout partner is interchangeable about now and you could gain as much satisfaction with Galadriel in that place as with your friend! Maybe it is the act and not the person you focus upon and you are waiting for a revelation based on your internal reactions to it. (Not what you thought I was gonna say, was it?) By the way, none of these analyses are based on any sort of system. I just go with impressions and connections...

Elennar's:
Quote:
I dreamed that I was talking to Gandalf, who was wearing a rather bright shade of blue rather than grey. He was talking to me, actually, and I was listening. I don't remember what he said except for the last sentence before I woke up: "If you want short stubby fingers you should eat goldfish crackers."
Wisdom comes from within. So does silliness. Those neural paths lead not only to insight but also down blind alleys. (That sounded like a Chinese fortune cookie, didn't it?)
Linnahiril:
Quote:
I came then to a rather humiliating realization: the Elf had not been running from the monster because he couldn't fight it, but because he had wanted to get me out of danger before he attempted to do so. Needless to say, I felt pretty useless at that moment. I watched the battle ,spralled out flat on my stomach, from the tiny whole that was the mouth of the cave. Legolas killed the monster, and that's all I can remember.
It sounds like you are reflecting on things or events passing you by, and you feel powerless to affect things. I'm guessing you're young and living at home with parents, so you appreciate them but wish you had your own power and the chance to wield it effectively.

(I had better stop soon, or else I'll start sounding like Dr. Phil, and I certainly don't want to do THAT!) One more!
Kransha:
Quote:
I was on my familiar fellbeast, clad in neat Nazgul armor from the movie. Then, I fell off, onto a warg. So far, very LotRish, until now! I was on a giant pie, which my warg was eating. To my extreme dream disgust, I realized the pie was made of severed heads (that's the thing about dreams, you can't close your eyes cuz they're already closed). The warg suddenly died, which, for some reason, I'd expected. Than oliphaunts and zebras (zebras???). The trampled me into the pie and I fell of the pie's edge, falling into something that looked mildly like Cirith Ungol. The dream ended before I hit bottom.
Maybe an archetypal dream? The pie is the source and end of all that lives in flesh and dreams are a way to outdistance time and space so that you realize that every being or creation has its ultimate source in every other.

Perhaps also, you have a clear image of the severed heads careening over the walls of Minas Tirith and, as omniscient observer, can both feel the agony of the deaths of all of them and also feel the impulses which caused the deaths, the fog of battle sort of thing. When you fell off the edge, you may have contemplated the universe beyond the mere carnal circus of life or war or any human experience. Falling dreams can be this way!

And now, as my brain is turning to mush, I take my leave.

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote