Thread: Your lotr dream
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 03:01 PM   #221
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rofl! I had another weird one. In my American Literature class we've started a unit on storytelling, but we are also allowed to tell narrative poems or sing them if we want to. Well, I dreamed that I decided to sing "Into the West," and I told my teacher that I had it memorized. For some reason, my Amer. Lit. teacher that day was the Freshman English teacher; who also happns to be the choir teacher. Well, I started singing, but after I finished the song, he said, "You know that there are seven more verses don't you?" When I said I didn't, he gave me a sheet of paper with the lyrics for "Into the West" on it, but with seven more verses! He told me to start over and sing the whole thing. Suddenly he turned into Legolas, and we were at the Grey Havens. He told me to sing the song, but I told him I couldn't because I didn't have the words, which I didn't; the sheet of paper was gone. He said, "But you know it by heart." So I sang the song again, and stopped at the lines "Grey ships pass, into the west," and he said, "See? I told you." Then I woke up to hear the song playing on my stereo; I'd left it on all night, and the song was on "Repeat." [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:04 PM February 05, 2004: Message edited by: Nimrothiel ]