View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #248
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Warning: Huge List Ahead

Okay, this is only for further reference. Especially if I am dead toMorrow, thus trying to contribute as much as I can - with the hope that it is a positive contribution.

All of that of course only in case BG isn't the remaning Bot. It would be nice if she were, even though it would mean I did all this for naught, but never mind.

So, I tried to look at what Boro said about Shasta, what Boro said about Kit, what Shasta said about Boro and what Kit said about Boro...

Boro really did not say much about either of them. Most of his comments about Shasta are only in the context of the fact that Morsul voted him (so there are things such as "Morsul's vote for Shasta..."), with nothing much conclusive around it. But relatively speaking, he posts very little in general and does not mention lots of people at all, so there is no evidence. I think we can conclude that if Shasta or Kitanna is a Wolf, Boro has well avoided mentioning him/her, but we have no way telling which one.

This is basically the only direct reaction we have, and that comes only after both the Seer reveals yesterDay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Shasta you just botched the vote terribly. I'm not a wolf. Neither is G55. Definitely don't lynch me, but we can't lynch G55 either. We need a bot. I'm telling you that one of them is Legate. Read through the events again, Morsul reveals he's the hunter, and only then does G55 says "I protected you because I knew all along" the real spammer she's protecting is Legate. So, either you just can't waste your time to read and blundered, or you're a spammer with Legate realizing now you can push the lynch onto me and win it if you get another innocent lynched. Kill either Kitanna or BG, and then with your hacker, G55, win it the next day.

I have to go to sleep now, will be back before the DL. I just plead for people to know Shasta's math is wrong. We need a wolf today. And carefully read through the events today to see I'm telling the truth about Legate and G55.
So maybe if that's a way to try to distance himself from a Wolf-buddy...

Kitanna is not mentioned by Boro at all. That's also a way to distance oneself from a Wolf-buddy, though, and a pretty safe one.

Now, on to what Shasta said about Boro. Already on the first Day, we have a funny comment at the situation when Rune, BG and Morsul have 2 votes and Boro has 1 vote and Shasta is about to decide whom he should vote himself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Voting Boro would give me a bit of a chuckle, but I'm not that much of an anarchist at present. The responsible thing to do would be to vote and break the tie in favor of lynching the most suspicious of Rune, BG, and Morsul. Trouble is, they all look innocent. Except BG, but that's because she hasn't been here to look like much of anything. I'd really like to vote Sally, honestly - I can't remember ever seeing an innocent Sally go after the absent player (keep in mind it's late and I'm tired and haven't played in forever) but it's really a moot point in any case since is rather not split the vote any farther.

Very well. I'm uncomfortable voting for BG now that she's shown up (but I had better see some participation tomorrow!) and of Morsul and Rune, I've seen more from Moraul that was even remotely radar-pinging, so:

++Morsul
Dodging the possibility to vote for a packmate, and widening the gap, thus making sure Boro is safe? (In fact, *I* would have considered - and I may have even said so - voting for Boro, exactly had there not been that gap created by Shasta's vote. Three votes is too much to beat from one, given the size of village, and that's how I ended up voting Rune.)

The next thing that could be at least somehow relevant is much later, Shasta reacting to Boro's Seer-reveal yesterDay:
Quote:
And now Boro has claimed Seer. I think I'm still going to have to go with G55, though. The bots basically have to counter the Seer at this point in the game - and besides that, now we know one of G55 and Boro is a wolf. Which means we haven't lost quite yet - if we do pick wrong today (I don't think we're going to, but the possibility is there) we ought to have one more shot tomorrow, unless I'm doing my math wrong.

++Boro
It was fast reaction, true. The funny part is... was Boro's reveal really necessary at that point? I think it was the other Wolf's duty to throw Boro under the bus once he revealed - almost clearly... So that does not tell us much. Really I just keep thinking more and more about the question - why did Boro reveal in the first place? He really did not have to, since G55 claimed she did not dream of any Wolves.

But I find it quite possible that it was all an orchestrated self-sacrifice of a Wolf to make the other packmate look good, and in that case, Boro's reveal would make sense in that light, and Shasta's reaction could then have been a really fast reaction to get rid of a fellow Wolf. Of course one can ask, would the Wolf really act so fast? But I can imagine one does not really have much choice. If Shasta had been doubting and debating whether Boro is lying or not, the next Day everyone would have accused him of being indecisive in order to try to save Boro if it were still possible. So that comes back to the original idea, it would make sense for Wolf-Shasta to be decisive and get rid of a packmate without any doubts, just like he did.

Explanations of the action to G55, and the second one to Boro:
Quote:
That's true, in the technical sense. However, we have one of your dreams being Morsul, who came out as the Hunter before you mentioned dreaming him, which is a point in your favor as far as I'm concerned - and on the other end of the spectrum we have BG who is tooth-and-nail defending Boro, the other Seer claim. I don't recall if she's been a Cobbler before, but I could definitely see her actions being those of a first-time Cobbler desperately throwing her lot in with someone she believes is a wolf.
Quote:
In the situation we're in, if you truly are the real Seer, you should have countered the instant G55 revealed as the Seer. We had no reason not to believe G55 - we're at the point in the game where the Seer basically has to come forward with information, so saying you were trying to avoid being drawn out by the Hacker is silly.
I can imagine Shasta-wolf saying that and making himself seem reasonable, also when talking to a packmate (the second quoted post).

And just a remark from toDay:
Quote:
Although it does seem a little silly to try and paint someone as evil based on a correct assumption. I suppose, though, if I'd been on Boro's side yesterday, a Bot-Kitanna would then be using that as "evidence" against me.
This is nothing against nothing, of course. These are all logical conclusions. But note the same train of thought of what I had just mentioned above: might actually reflect Shasta's actual way of thinking yesterDay - "I have to throw Boro under to bus decisively, because if not, people will use it as evidence against me...".

But that's it. Overall, Shasta posts very little. The thing is, so did Boro, which would explain the somehow little effectivity of their impact on the game thread (as it seems to me, in terms of not wreaking much greater confusion among villagers as I would have expected from a team of such seasoned players. If Kitanna is the other Wolf, the situation would be opposite, because she's been pretty active and managed to, as far as I am concerned, look pretty genuine - so that'd speak of really good job from the Wolf-team of covering their tracks.)

So, on to Kit. She posted a lot, but not very much was directly related to Boro. One, to react to Boro on the Day he hasn't voted, when he later said "oh btw if I had been around, I would have voted for..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a bowl of granola.
Not very conclusive... However, the same post continues with (very early in the game!) analysis of the possibility of why was Zil killed, and there Boro is mentioned. The post ends with this about Zil's death:
Quote:
1) He was killed by bots he didn't mention so as to lead a path to those he did (G55 and Boro specifically) This leaves most of village liable.
2) G55 or Boro or both are bots and thought Zil was seer. Now having been subjected to both of them as baddies I don't know if they'd be so careless as to attack Zil like that given the trail leads to directly to them.
I'd say theory one is more believable. Zil mentioned very few people and those he did were mostly offhand remarks, banter, or flimsy suspcions based on little information.
Looks to me like pretty early to accuse a fellow packmate! Thus more inclined that Kit looks better because of that...

Quote:
While I don't disagree with Boro about potential merits of lynching a hacker I still don't think it's advisable. Especially in a small village. Every body counts in stopping a bot victory.
Disagreeing with Boro - not sure what to make of that, but... She was being inconclusive about him later, too:
Quote:
Boro, Lottie, Legate: No idea. With the exception of Boro's post about the hacker lynching none have said anything that stood out.
And then reaction to Boro's reveal:
Quote:
Didn't you once false reveal as the ranger and get the real ranger lynched? Thus meaning reveals must now always be taken with a grain of salt since there's baddies everywhere.
Similar thing.

Quote:
A staged performance perhaps? Something Boro and Shasta cooked up in the night to deflect suspcion?
And then this - but the same thing as Shasta's today post, it's a logical conclusion that offers itself.

Oops, deadline, gotta work fast, so summing up:

Overall, I think Kitanna looks better MAINLY because of her early (the first thing I quote) mention of Boro's possible involvement in Zil's death. Also overall she looks better. So personally I think Shasta is the more likely to be the Bot we are looking for.

Oops, deadline. So, if BG is not the Bot, then whoever is alove, vote toMorrow well...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote