View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 04:13 PM   #123
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question A burning question

Quote:
A hearty welcome to yet another distinguished Downer at the Appreciation Thread.
*bows* Thank you, kind sir. I am honored to enter the discussion halls of such august and devoted Warg scholars. I am amazed at the travels undertaken and tomes searched for information about the species -- my own discovery was fortuitous, a matter of being in the right alley at the right time.

Quote:
That was a most unusual tale Diamond, insofar as it is unusual to hear about the treasuries of Wargs in tales these days.
Indeed. I feel it is an aspect of Warg culture largely overlooked, and 'tis a shame. The Wargs, while not greedy by nature, could appreciate the finer things in life as well as bones dripping with fresh marrow. Would it not be fascinating to stroll the halls of a Warg Museum, wherein all the ancient writings and artefacts of Wargdom are preserved in a place of honor? Why, methinks even Kum-bat-kûl himself would not object to a part of his treasure on display, though that is only conjecture, never having met the esteemed fellow myself.

Quote:
To meet someone who has fought a Warg though, well that just boggles the mind. I hope he realises how lucky he is to be alive and to have such tales and wisdom (for knowledge of the ways of Wargs is wisdom).
Alas, his debauched and disheveled state leads me to suspect the horrors of being taken to town by a Warg has had a more lasting effect on him than the mercy shown afterwards. Yet, he still tells his tale to any who will listen, as was Kum-bat-kûl's wish, so that's something.

But this leads me to a question: I am somewhat suspicious of one aspect of the Hunter's tale. That being, that Kum-bat-kûl himself still lives. Is there a known precedent for immortal Wargs? Surely, they are mystical beasts, but I have not heard of them being a deathless race before. I wonder if the Hunter did not simply encounter a descendant of Kum-bat-kûl? I can only wonder, though, since he was adamant that it was the Great One himself, and I was in no position to question him at the moment. It is intriguing, though, to be sure.

Last edited by Diamond18; 06-17-2004 at 04:16 PM. Reason: me is bad speller
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote