View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 10:45 AM   #11
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleg Cuthalion
Like the fact that he parried edge on edge in that scene? Very, very bad.
Well, I will admit that I hadn't noticed that, at least I don't think I had noticed it, I might have. I was talking about... well, Foley probably wouldn't like me turning this into a thread of all the things I dislike

Quote:
As to whether Eowyn had beaten Aragorn...I really doubt that a warrior with at least sixty years experience, arguably the finest swordsman of his time, could be bested by a twenty four year old girl. I think he was just playing with her.
Of course she couldn't, but he wasn't fighting. He was just playing with her, and therefore, when she twisted his blade out of the way, she surprised him, and since he wasn't fighting he let her win.

I just watched this the other night, she made the move, he had nothing to do with it. She decided she didn't want him blocking her sword so she dealt with it.