View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #159
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I feel that Boromir is a savvy enough player to have placed a fellow wolf in his suspicious list, which leaves us only with Roa and Anguirel. Nothing's definite, of course, but it is still a possibility.

Roa

Was the second person out of 7 to vote for Boro. Lalaith was first, and Roa cast her vote long before Boro's penguin-ness was revealed. Roa said that she was suspicious of Boromir since his second post, which read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88, post #14
Some quick comments on people so far before I must be off...

Valier and Eonwe are acting too strange to be evil penguins. I don't think wps would act in this manner in the very early goings of the game.

Firefoot brought up useful comment on the cobbler, one which I completely forgot about, seeing as I have no remembrance of a cobbler for a very very long time now. So Firefoot I'm ok with for now, a very logical sensible person to have around.

I can't find much significance in Roa's, phantom's, or Diamond's, posts yet, so there's nothing for me to go off of.

I shall now depart.
In post #72, Roa explains why she found Boro so supicious. In the post quotd above, Boro said that her posts were not very significant, but later cited one of those posts as grounds for suspecting her. He was also contradictory in other small ways. At the time I felt like Roa was being nitpicky with the way she compared every little thing he said, but now I'm glad she did. With the way Roa and Boro were going back and forth so heatedly yesterDay, I think it's safe to say that Roa is innocent.

Anguirel

He writes in a Day 1 post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Anyway, at this stage I'd rather have no hints at all. We shouldn't be too absorbed in our assets-the Gifted Ones will make themselves known at the right time-instead we should have an eye to our insidious enemies.

Incidentally, phantom old chap, are you still into killing Ordinary Elves on Day One to prevent the accidental lynching of a Gifted? I'm not.
Perhaps Ang and the phantom are just two very different players with two very different styles. Yet I feel like the suggestion that there be no attempt to divert attention away from the gifteds is a bit suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel, post #55
So with little time to lose I am going to have to vote for Eonwe with the shoddy justification of his quietness.
It's true that Eonwe was very quiet, only posting a couple of times without any analysis, and didn't even cast a vote. But this makes me wonder why Ang chose to vote for Eonwe when he wasn't the only quiet player. I hadn't even posted at all by the time Ang voted. I suppose it was the lack of substance in the posts rather than the absence which made Ang make the choice he did.

Conclusion about Ang: inconclusive. He doesn't seem terribly suspicious to me at present, but I am not placing him on my probably-innocent-list.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote