View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002, 10:43 PM   #8
Man-of-the-Wold
Wight

Man-of-the-Wold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

May for the attack of Dol Guldor they met at Rhosgobel. Isengard might have been a meeting place once, or even Caras Galadhon, but Rivendell seems the most likely. I consider its member to be be:

Saruman
Gandalf
Galadriel
Elrond
Cirdan
Celeborn
Glorfindel
Erestor
Galdor
Radagast

Elladan and Elrohir were not old enough to be among "The Wise", and I don't think even attended the Council of Elrond. If them, then why not Arwen? I think no Dwarf or Man belonged, Dunedain or not, would have been a member, with occasional exceptions such as maybe later versions of personages like Malbeth. It doesn't seem, for example, that Saruman even knew that the Line of Isildur survived. Thranduil is out, 'cuz he had no great knowledge or involvement with the attack on Dol Guldor and seems not too regularly in touch with Celeborn in those days. Gildor was clearly too disinterested in Worldly affairs, and not really all that special. The Two Blue Wizards had not involvement by that point in activities in the West, if they even still existed.
The hoes unrecked in the fields were flung, __ and fallen ladders in the long grass lay __ of the lush orchards; every tree there turned __ its tangled head and eyed them secretly, __ and the ears listened of the nodding grasses; __ though noontide glowed on land and leaf, __ their limbs were chilled.