View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 12:17 AM   #766
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Sting

For a while Eruanna sat, contemplating her connection with the young girl. She had barely seemed to notice the few persons go up to receive their letters. Although, she was once more enlightened, there was a force pulling her down once more. It seemed as if she could feel a coming presence. Yet, there she sat, moving around in her chair uncomfortably.

Suddenly, she shivered, feeling cold to the very bone. She drew her cloak around her, and headed out. It should have seemed warm, but she felt something, drawing nearer, and nearer. Quickly, Eruanna fled out to the stables. “Istel!” she screeched in a coarse whisper. “Do you feel it, can you sense it? Oh, Istel!” she said, as if half-expecting a reply. “It’s time, we cannot wait any longer,” she said, more calmly.

Eruanna prepared to leave, when she noticed that her letter was left on her table. She couldn’t leave it behind; it was far too dear to her. Thus, she ran forth, back inside the inn, and maneuvered around the others inside to her table. “Come quickly!” she heard a voice call out. ‘Twas the hobbit-lass, who was holding her letter. “My letter,” Eruanna called out. “Yes, I saved it for you, but you must come, you cannot stay here,” she said in reply. The hobbit-lass lead Eruanna out to the stables once more. And there she proceeded to tell Eruanna that she could no longer stay at the inn.

“You have traveled far,” Eruanna told the hobbit. The hobbit returned to Eruanna her letter, nodding slowly. “You warn me, you say I cannot stay,” Eruanna continued, “I felt the same myself, but I also feel that we share a similar fate, you cannot stay either.” The hobbit looked frightened, and shook her head, weeping all the while. “No, I can’t, please, take me with you,” she pleaded.

Eruanna looked upon the hobbit, her heart filled with sympathy. “I will take you with me, but we must leave now,” she replied. Together, they gathered their most important possessions, and lead Istel out of the stables. Then, they mounted Istel, and rode off, away from the inn, and out of The Shire.